One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the mechanics of body movements.
- ‘Whether it is movement therapy or kinesiology or nutrition, energetic exchange always underlies the therapeutic process.’
- ‘Designed with a fresh take on ergonomics, kinesiology and basic mechanical efficiency, this stuff's a fast-forward fantasy for all men who like a souped-up brand of fitness.’
- ‘The principles of kinesiology (the study of the body in motion) will determine the most effective exercise program for a bowler.’
- ‘She was certified in Pilates technique and studied anatomy and kinesiology at the Dance Notation Bureau in New York.’
- ‘And the more I studied kinesiology and massage, the more I understood how the body works, the more I realized what a healing thing belly dancing is.’
Late 19th century: from Greek kinēsis ‘movement’ (from kinein ‘to move’) + -logy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.