Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A quantity representing the dynamic viscosity of a fluid per unit density.
- ‘Pressure also changes the kinematic viscosity of water.’
- ‘The kinematic viscosity is the ratio of viscosity over density.’
- ‘Here n denotes the kinematic viscosity, p g the gas pressure inside the bubble (dependent on the radius), and P the time-dependent external pressure.’
- ‘The values measured from model were corrected according to 22°C by using kinematic viscosity obtained from temperature-viscosity relationship.’
- ‘The recommended silicone oil is a phenylmethyl polysiloxane with low kinematic viscosity and low compressibility.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.