Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for kindergarten
- ‘Today I had three classes at the kindy and Primary school making Xmas crackers.’
- ‘Kim describes the nonprofit kindy, which opened almost 50 years ago and is run by volunteer parents, as ‘a magic little place’.’
- ‘From kindy to high school we were in the same class, we played soccer and hockey under the shadows of the High Tatra Mountains.’
- ‘I don't go to a selective school, instead I've attended a private school since kindy.’
- ‘The Steiner School offers kindy through to Year Six and we plan to open a new playgroup soon on Fridays.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.