Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for kindergarten
- ‘I don't go to a selective school, instead I've attended a private school since kindy.’
- ‘Today I had three classes at the kindy and Primary school making Xmas crackers.’
- ‘The Steiner School offers kindy through to Year Six and we plan to open a new playgroup soon on Fridays.’
- ‘From kindy to high school we were in the same class, we played soccer and hockey under the shadows of the High Tatra Mountains.’
- ‘Kim describes the nonprofit kindy, which opened almost 50 years ago and is run by volunteer parents, as ‘a magic little place’.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.