Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Kind of.‘I think it's kinda funny’
rather, quite, fairly, moderately, somewhat, a little, slightly, a shadeView synonyms
- ‘There's some eerie feedback and xylophones and it all kinda swirls around you.’
- ‘Like the kinda thing you hear in a movie, you know, in a very dramatic scene.’
- ‘I kinda like the look of it, but quite why anyone would do this is beyond me.’
- ‘It was kinda cold, but the sunshine more than made up for that, it was so beautiful out.’
- ‘We ended up at Dave's party, I kinda had to go, it was a celebration of the three of us being promoted.’
- ‘So how do you do another Brit gangster movie without it kinda blurring into the crowd?’
- ‘We were both kinda shy, I think we always are the first time we see each other after a while.’
- ‘The only boundaries these movies will break is in special effects, which is kinda cool but not a lot else.’
- ‘The cinema was amazingly comfortable, the company was great and the film itself kinda dull.’
- ‘It is kinda funny right now, as my ugly mug does adorn one page of a popular calendar.’
- ‘I don't know, I thought it was kinda cute and clever, but it didn't really work for me.’
- ‘It's kinda growing on me though, because it makes me laugh when I see it and that's got to be a good thing.’
- ‘I suppose this is kinda true, but I've covered this stuff in previous bits of this posts.’
- ‘It was kinda funny to watch someone else and wonder if I look that harassed on the average Saturday.’
- ‘I've been just reading about this a little bit for a few days, and I must say that it kinda makes me sick.’
- ‘He's kinda cheap on the rent but all he eats is the washing powder box so its no big drama.’
- ‘So hopefully were gonna be able to give people a taste of that, and do it in a way that kinda makes sense.’
- ‘Had it not been cold and wet it would have been a kinda fun day, if your idea of fun is standing still by a roundabout for nine hours.’
- ‘I fully understand that persons fears but the wider picture is kinda scary don't you think?’
- ‘It was kinda fun and I got to socialize a bit with some of his other cousins.’
Early 20th century (originally US): alteration.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.