One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Korean dish of spicy pickled cabbage.
- ‘A standard meal consists of rice, soup, kimchi (a spicy Korean pickle), vegetables, and broiled or grilled meat or fish.’
- ‘The dinner, which featured kimchi, a traditional Korean dish of hotly spiced Chinese cabbage, and clear distilled liquor made in South Korea, had a friendly atmosphere, the sources said.’
- ‘The Korean national dish is kimchi, a spicy, fermented pickled vegetable mixture whose primary ingredient is cabbage.’
- ‘Here and there we could see both farmers and military personnel busy gathering Chinese cabbages and Japanese radishes to make the spicy Korean dish of kimchi.’
- ‘If that's the case, try jazzing up your remaining sticky rice after the toppings have been savoured with the hot sauce from your entrée or, even better, slather some kimchi over top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.