One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Tourists are piped on to the train by a young kilted boy on the platform as steam gathers into clouds which float gently overhead.’
- ‘There was some marvelous upstaging by a crazed and kilted Scotsman.’
- ‘Tradition is never far from the hereditary monarch whose morning routine includes having her kilted piper play a selection of tunes on the bagpipes beneath her window.’
- ‘By the time you read this, I will have Stripped the Willow and done the best approximation I can to the Dashing White Sergeant, as I ring out the old century with fellow kilted revellers in St Andrews.’
- ‘I think Papa's tale involved a fight; perhaps that's where he and his buddies teased some kilted Scotsmen and found out why they were called the ladies from hell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.