One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By creating a potential difference of several kilovolts between the needle and the chamber walls, an intense electric field can be produced at the exit of the needle.’
- ‘There is a procedure to do that with minor power lines - that is, those of less than 100 megavolt amperes and 110 kilovolts.’
- ‘Demand for electricity is currently growing faster than it is able to be supplied; however, new power lines of 33 kilovolts have been completed.’
- ‘The more copper and iron in the alternator, the less heat is generated, and more kilovolt amperes are capable of being produced.’
- ‘You also have to watch out because some generator manufacturers are now labeling their units in kilovolts instead of kilowatts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.