One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of computer memory or data equal to 1,024 bits.
- ‘Basic GSM phones send and receive data at a paltry 9.6 kilobits per second (kbps).’
- ‘A megabit is 1024 kilobits, and a kilobit is 1024 bits.’
- ‘It offers the lowest entry-level broadband speed on the market, at 300 kilobits per second (kbps).’
- ‘Depending on its complexity, the data might go as low as 500 kilobits and as high as 3 megabits at any point in time.’
- ‘He promised ‘typical’ download speeds of 200 to 300 kilobits per second, with uploading at 64K for the time being.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.