One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in expressing the lengths of nucleic acid molecules) one thousand bases.
- ‘The numbers on the right refer to the positions of molecular length markers in kilobases.’
- ‘This figure was used to convert subsequent contour measurements from nanometers to kilobases.’
- ‘Intron lengths are given in kilobases and are not drawn to scale’
- ‘The virus itself is a spherical enveloped virion, between 80 and 160 nm diameter, and has single stranded RNA of about 30 kilobases, the largest genome of all ssRNA viruses.’
- ‘The molecular weights in kilobases of the fragments detected are indicated at the left and right.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.