One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This premise provides the author with the most marvellous springboard on which he launches some killingly funny lines, some serious observations, and some fantastic opportunities for his cast.’
- ‘The story gives us one killingly funny observation after another: ‘Parker and his graduate student colleagues liked to theorize about the real world.’’
- ‘To my mind, Alan's film is daring, experimental, ballsy - it's something new, for Christ's sake, new! - and killingly funny.’
- ‘The show is killingly funny and the cast rise to the occasions that are presented to them with a panache rarely seen in ensemble playing.’
- ‘It seems a strange role for him, very British in its humour and, on the page at least, killingly unfunny.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.