One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A period when animals are slaughtered and the meat frozen for export.‘at the end of the killing season, good cuts of meat will be scarcer’
- ‘Had the action gone ahead it would have closed the meatworks at the height of the killing season.’
- ‘They told us of the bad old days of thinly justified strikes, usually at the peak of the killing season.’
- ‘They have been reliant on working in the meat industry during the killing season to supplement their earnings.’
- ‘The shorter killing season in the South Island means higher labour costs.’
- ‘Te Hape's killing season also starts in January, and runs through to the end of May.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.