One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A period when animals are slaughtered and the meat frozen for export.‘at the end of the killing season, good cuts of meat will be scarcer’
- ‘Had the action gone ahead it would have closed the meatworks at the height of the killing season.’
- ‘Te Hape's killing season also starts in January, and runs through to the end of May.’
- ‘The shorter killing season in the South Island means higher labour costs.’
- ‘They have been reliant on working in the meat industry during the killing season to supplement their earnings.’
- ‘They told us of the bad old days of thinly justified strikes, usually at the peak of the killing season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.