One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in an abattoir) a production line in which carcasses to be processed are hung from a moving overhead chain.‘some stockpeople felt under pressure to keep up with the killing chain’
- ‘The plan provided for a new beef killing chain and two mutton chains.’
- ‘Other images depict the various stages of the meat production process, from the killing chain to the sausage-packing room.’
- ‘An inspector, if he wants to be vindictive, can press the stop button on a killing chain.’
- ‘If we look at a killing chain in the meat industry, its operation has changed little over time.’
- ‘They ran pipes from the killing chain into a gigantic tank so that the odours would dissipate in water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.