One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Africanized honeybee.See Africanize (sense 2)
- ‘There's a giant killer bee on my arm and it's neon orange and it's tickling me!’
- ‘Five people are known to have died from the killer bee strings since 1990.’
- ‘But I can tell you what it feels like to be attacked by a grizzly bear, gored by a bull, bitten by a venomous snake or attacked by African killer bees.’
- ‘Some people are highly allergic to any bee sting, but a single sting from a killer bee will not kill the average person.’
- ‘Fire ants are capable of doing more economic damage than another stinging insect, the Africanized honeybee, also called the killer bee, which spread into the state in 1993.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.