Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An Africanized honeybee.See africanize
- ‘But I can tell you what it feels like to be attacked by a grizzly bear, gored by a bull, bitten by a venomous snake or attacked by African killer bees.’
- ‘There's a giant killer bee on my arm and it's neon orange and it's tickling me!’
- ‘Some people are highly allergic to any bee sting, but a single sting from a killer bee will not kill the average person.’
- ‘Fire ants are capable of doing more economic damage than another stinging insect, the Africanized honeybee, also called the killer bee, which spread into the state in 1993.’
- ‘Five people are known to have died from the killer bee strings since 1990.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.