Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A feature, function, or application of a new technology or product which is presented as virtually indispensable or much superior to rival products.
- ‘His entire rant is about how mobile email won't be the killer app for mobile devices.’
- ‘Adult material could prove the killer app the likes of WAP have been waiting for.’
- ‘Every platform vendor hopes someone will produce a killer app for its product, driving up sales of the platform technology as more and more people want it for themselves.’
- ‘On the same day, Nintendo will launch Nintendogs - the Tamagochi-like app that's proving to be something of a killer app for the console.’
- ‘E-mail was the killer app of the Internet revolution, and now people dread opening theirs each morning.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.