One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feature, function, or application of a new technology or product which is presented as virtually indispensable or much superior to rival products.
- ‘On the same day, Nintendo will launch Nintendogs - the Tamagochi-like app that's proving to be something of a killer app for the console.’
- ‘His entire rant is about how mobile email won't be the killer app for mobile devices.’
- ‘E-mail was the killer app of the Internet revolution, and now people dread opening theirs each morning.’
- ‘Every platform vendor hopes someone will produce a killer app for its product, driving up sales of the platform technology as more and more people want it for themselves.’
- ‘Adult material could prove the killer app the likes of WAP have been waiting for.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.