One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The proportion of casualties on each side in a military action.
- ‘The general's staff officers manipulated body counts and kill ratios and reports of desertion and falling morale among the enemy to gradually compile these proofs of imminent victory he now displayed to the newsmen.’
- ‘I want to ask the panel, including you, Larry, if there is an invasion and there are people lost, what would be an acceptable kill ratio if the Americans killed were your child or grandchild?’
- ‘The Navy saw a significant improvement in its pilots' kill ratios over Vietnam.’
- ‘Rima, the kill ratio is what's important and it looks like it was at least 20 to 1 in favour of the IDF.’
- ‘Only in the independent film world can you really create films without neat bookends, perfect organic plot curves, kill ratios, and enhanced body parts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.