Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hard mass formed in the kidneys, typically consisting of insoluble calcium compounds; a renal calculus.
- ‘Once a person has had a kidney stone, subsequent problems may be avoided through medication and dietary adjustments, Fallon says.’
- ‘Depending on its size and position, an untreated kidney stone could cause permanent damage to the kidneys.’
- ‘All of the Stanford patients developed side effects such as high urine calcium, and one developed a kidney stone.’
- ‘Severe back pain of any sort can be a sign of a problem, such as a kidney stone or infection.’
- ‘Management of a kidney stone depends on its size, location, and composition and the presence of anatomical malformation and complications.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.