One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who abducts someone and holds them captive, typically to obtain a ransom.‘he was released by his kidnappers on May 30’
- ‘He was released by kidnappers in Beirut after over three years in captivity.’
- ‘He is almost brushed aside by the police as they pursue the kidnapper.’
- ‘The manner of her return suggested that the kidnappers were only short of leaving an apology note.’
- ‘Negotiators say they've spoken directly with their kidnappers.’
- ‘The most violent sequence in the film has him interrogating one of the kidnappers in a stuffy car.’
- ‘Three days later the kidnappers demanded a ransom of $1 million for his safe return.’
- ‘The scenes with the kidnappers are deeply disturbing.’
- ‘The kidnappers held their victims as long as they wished and then released them when and where they pleased.’
- ‘The note specifies a ridiculously convoluted plan to slip a briefcase full of money to the kidnappers.’
- ‘The kidnappers freed him over three hours later.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.