One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural kiddos, Plural kiddoesinformal
A friendly or slightly condescending form of address.‘you're getting what you deserve, kiddo’
- ‘The man seemed surprised, but he quickly covered it up, ‘I don't blame you, kiddo, it's hard for a young girl to grow up here.’’
- ‘She doesn't know what she's got, she doesn't deserve you, kiddo.’
- ‘‘And I've missed that wit of yours, too, kiddo,’ she replied.’
- ‘‘You had me worried there, kiddo,’ he said, his voice shaking.’
- ‘For the time being, kiddo, why not relax and enjoy being with someone who's more experienced?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.