Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
One's younger brother.‘to have my kid brother teaching me about love!’
- ‘Paul, 20 months younger than John, was treated like the cute kid brother for whom ambition would be unseemly.’
- ‘His pride always was easily wounded, but being beaten by your kid brother of 3 years was almost as bad as it could get in Tatton's world.’
- ‘To save his kid brother, Memphis rounds up his car-napping buddies for one more job.’
- ‘The next day, I found out my crush was too shy to call and had gotten his kid brother to do it for him.’
- ‘My father never raised his hand in anger to my kid brother.’
- ‘I really wanted to do something for my new kid brother.’
- ‘How does your comfortable, early twenties, middle of the road, suburban US life change when your mum and dad both die, leaving you with responsibility for your kid brother?’
- ‘I had two older brothers and a kid brother who kind of looked up to me.’
- ‘He's like the chubby kid brother of one of your players, but who's just too young, too immature, and too hyperactive to actually be allowed in the game.’
- ‘My kid brother Patrick always got the ice-cream.’
- ‘Be a great brother Jordan and do the right thing, because in the future your kid brother will love you for everything you did for him.’
- ‘And I dared ask the inevitable question: so what's it like having a kid brother?’
- ‘He is a quiet little kid who causes more trouble then he is worth but everyone loves him and treats him like a kid brother.’
- ‘At 20 years old, he literally looks like your kid brother.’
- ‘He was eight years older than me, still is, oddly enough, and he resented having his stupid kid brother foisted on him whenever he went out with his pals.’
- ‘On the way back the landlady and her kid brother were persuaded to give the new chip shop a try, and gave the fare their seal of approval.’
- ‘Alex pulled her long brown hair into a pony tail as she faced her kid brother.’
- ‘When Kelly figured out her parents were helping her kid brother through an ordeal, she realized they'd do the same for her in tough times.’
- ‘For his part Kerwin spoke highly of his kid brother.’
- ‘He landed nicely, smirking challengingly at his kid brother.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.