Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in skateboarding) a manoeuvre in which the board is manipulated by the feet during a jump so that it spins sideways through 360 degrees before landing.
- ‘Ask anyone who skates and they will all tell you how hard it is to do a kickflip and land on your front truck.’
- ‘In the end, Alexis made the kickflip into the bank.’
- ‘But there was also a time when I lost my kickflip.’
- ‘It got to where that was the only trick I did for a couple months - ollies and kickflips.’
- ‘My front foot is still above the board, positioned across the board to keep it from flipping like a kickflip.’
- ‘Will it take away from the feeling of your first kick flip?’
- ‘Do people even care about doing a quadruple kickflip?’
- ‘Greg skates well, doing kickflips, tailslides and the like, all smooth with aggression.’
- ‘About an hour later I was on my way to his house warming up with ollies over sewer covers and the odd kickflip.’
- ‘Lots of dudes do kickflips but not many do them like Nate Jones.’
- ‘But he's willing to learn new tricks from his son, such as kickflips and other ollie variations - that is, popping the board up in the air.’
- ‘He can do a couple kickflips, a frontside 180 maybe; he's not that good.’
- ‘They are searching for tips to perfect their ollies and kickflips.’
- ‘Then I had to learn kickflips again a couple years ago.’
- ‘When I came out, people weren't even really doing kickflips yet.’
- ‘Take a trick you like to do and add a kickflip to the start of it and see what happens.’
- ‘When you clear a three foot high wall or land a kickflip on a skateboard, you're hit with an instant and intense jolt of happiness and exhilaration.’
- ‘And from now on, the benchmark that all kickflips will be judged against is the one pulled over those ledges.’
- ‘I guess you deserve to be recognized if you can bust out big kickflips all day long the way Shannon does.’
- ‘I quit skating to race BMX and when I quit, no one I knew could do a kickflip.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.