One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A turn carried out while stationary by lifting first one and then the other ski through 180°.
- ‘Ski these bindings a little more conservatively than you would your alpine gear, and use good technique on the uphill so you won't torque out during kick-turns and such.’
- ‘I do have some difficulty with uphill kickturns during backcountry skiing.’
- 1.1 (in skateboarding) a turn performed with the front wheels lifted off the ground.
- ‘I am dying to skate again; my knee is finally better and I want to practice kick-turns and learn to carve!’
- ‘Skaters will learn the basics like safety, stance, board balance, pumping, fakies, kick-turns, and eventually dropping in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.