Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A turn carried out while stationary by lifting first one and then the other ski through 180°.
- ‘Ski these bindings a little more conservatively than you would your alpine gear, and use good technique on the uphill so you won't torque out during kick-turns and such.’
- ‘I do have some difficulty with uphill kickturns during backcountry skiing.’
- 1.1(in skateboarding) a turn performed with the front wheels lifted off the ground.
- ‘I am dying to skate again; my knee is finally better and I want to practice kick-turns and learn to carve!’
- ‘Skaters will learn the basics like safety, stance, board balance, pumping, fakies, kick-turns, and eventually dropping in.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.