One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A monetary unit of Mauritania, equal to one fifth of an ouguiya.
- ‘Khoums are very small value compared to the U.S. dollar.’
- ‘The monetary unit in Mauritania is the ouguiya, which is divided into five khoums.’
- ‘The basic unit of currency, the ouguiya, comprises five khoums.’
- ‘The basic unit of currency, the ouguiya, is comprised of five khoums.’
- ‘The currency of Mauritania is ougiya, which is is divided into 5 khoums, but these are not in use.’
From Arabic ḵums ‘one fifth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.