One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A monetary unit of Mauritania, equal to one fifth of an ouguiya.
- ‘Khoums are very small value compared to the U.S. dollar.’
- ‘The monetary unit in Mauritania is the ouguiya, which is divided into five khoums.’
- ‘The basic unit of currency, the ouguiya, comprises five khoums.’
- ‘The currency of Mauritania is ougiya, which is is divided into 5 khoums, but these are not in use.’
- ‘The basic unit of currency, the ouguiya, is comprised of five khoums.’
From Arabic ḵums ‘one fifth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.