Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A monetary unit of Mauritania, equal to one fifth of an ouguiya.
- ‘The monetary unit in Mauritania is the ouguiya, which is divided into five khoums.’
- ‘The basic unit of currency, the ouguiya, comprises five khoums.’
- ‘The basic unit of currency, the ouguiya, is comprised of five khoums.’
- ‘The currency of Mauritania is ougiya, which is is divided into 5 khoums, but these are not in use.’
- ‘Khoums are very small value compared to the U.S. dollar.’
From Arabic ḵums one fifth.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.