Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An Indian game of tag played with two teams of twelve people.
- ‘They have also excelled in cricket, volleyball, khabadi and kho-kho at the national level.’
- ‘The skills of crouching, running short sprints and the quick changes in direction that kho-kho entailed were considered important training for war.’
- ‘In kho-kho 7 students were the proud participants at the regional level competition held at Hyderabad.’
- ‘He also disclosed that India proposes to host the third Asian kho-kho championship.’
- ‘There is a large basketball court, attached to the kho-kho ground, a ring tennis court, a tennis court and large practice areas.’
From Marathi khō-khō.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.