Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A duck of a light brown breed, kept for egg laying.
- ‘A Khaki Campbell's impressive egg laying capabilities is one of its most recognizable characteristic.’
- ‘They are foragers and eggs layers, the Khaki Campbell being the best egg layer of all time.’
- ‘A pair of Khaki Campbells in the backyard will keep the area free of snails and other insect pests.’
- ‘Geese don't lay eggs all round the year like Khaki Campbells, they only lay eggs from about February to June.’
- ‘Many people consider the Khaki Campbell to be the most practical bird for the home flock.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.