Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A duck of a light brown breed, kept for egg laying.
- ‘A pair of Khaki Campbells in the backyard will keep the area free of snails and other insect pests.’
- ‘They are foragers and eggs layers, the Khaki Campbell being the best egg layer of all time.’
- ‘Many people consider the Khaki Campbell to be the most practical bird for the home flock.’
- ‘Geese don't lay eggs all round the year like Khaki Campbells, they only lay eggs from about February to June.’
- ‘A Khaki Campbell's impressive egg laying capabilities is one of its most recognizable characteristic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.