One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single depression of a key on a keyboard, especially as a measure of work.
- ‘Spyware has the ability to trace your every keystroke, and may record things such as passwords, credit card numbers, email addresses, and other personal information.’
- ‘They capture everything the user is doing - keystrokes, mouse clicks, files opened and closed, sites visited.’
- ‘This system was difficult to use because store employees needed to remember arcane instructions and enter a lot of keystrokes.’
- ‘If it is true that all my keystrokes can be recorded?’
- ‘They can not only take all of your money, but destroy your entire life with a single keystroke.’
- ‘The malware records passwords and keystrokes once users of infected machines visit targeted websites.’
- ‘Entering in the full address costs 12 to 18 keystrokes and a mouse click.’
- ‘I thought your readers might like to have this routine, which reduces the number of keystrokes needed to key dates.’
- ‘With a single keystroke, she erases his name from the title page and substitutes her own, before she sends it off.’
- ‘More recent viruses and blended threats also extract passwords, decryption keys and logged keystrokes.’
- ‘He can read your keystrokes, record passwords, gather information from your network and change your data and files.’
- ‘A spyware program will record every keystroke and e-mail as well as every web page you visit and every chat session.’
- ‘Detecting the user's keystrokes turns out to be a rather specialised branch of event handling.’
- ‘He was also able to train the software on one keyboard to decipher the keystrokes on any other keyboard of the same make and model.’
- ‘The fingers are normally in motion towards more than a single keystroke simultaneously; as one finger approaches its target another is moving to operate the next key.’
- ‘The researchers extracted audio features from the sounds of a user's keystrokes and lumped similar sounding keys into categories.’
- ‘These applications collect user surfing patterns and sometimes keystrokes and send the information to servers to target advertising to users' desktops.’
- ‘This inexpensive software has the ability to invisibly monitor and record all computer activity including keystrokes.’
- ‘A keylogger is a form of malware program that installs itself surreptitiously, records keystrokes made on the infected computer and sends this data to hackers.’
- ‘Four additional keystrokes duplicate the functions of the arrow keys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.