One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer program that records every keystroke made by a computer user, especially in order to gain fraudulent access to passwords and other confidential information.
- ‘It does this via a keylogger which specifically collects user logins for online banks (the ones which do not use one-time passwords).’
- ‘However, with the rise of phishing, key loggers and associated risks, I now see the true value of my little device!’
- ‘If you own the computer you can put whatever keylogger you want on it.’
- ‘This Yahoo article is claiming that phishers are increasingly employing key loggers to gather data which they later use for identity theft (fraud).’
- ‘Hackers allegedly captured the code by using key loggers that they installed on company computers.’
- ‘What if you opened a malicious email attachment that installs a nasty virus, worm or keylogger that steals your personal information?’
- ‘Key loggers can be on your system recording every keystroke and emailing it to an attacker, enemy or even your spouse.’
- ‘Come back a month or two later, get the logs, and wipe out the keylogger.’
- ‘This keylogger can be completely hidden from anyone finding it on the system anywhere.’
- ‘One of the files contained inside the Zip archive file is a keylogger which can send messages to an Indonesian email address.’
- ‘Er… what are you installing a keylogger on?’
- ‘And we don't mean the risk of doing bad investments; we mean losing access to your trading account because your computer got infected by a keylogger.’
- ‘Users of dedicated systems, such as personal laptops, generally present a lower risk, though an infection of spyware could still install a key logger.’
- ‘Called the Italian Job, because most of the pages were hosted in Italy, the trojan downloaded a keylogger designed to steal banking data.’
- ‘In some cases, the spyware may include key loggers that could lead to intellectual property theft and corporate espionage.’
- ‘The keylogger allows the hackers to monitor any activity on the infected machine - in effect to control the computer.’
- ‘It can install a keylogger to get your passwords.’
- ‘Then the keylogger comes to life to do what it was created for - to steal information.’
- ‘The keylogger contained in the email installs itself automatically and then collects details of logins and passwords from the unsuspecting user.’
- ‘Sophos has updated its product to incorporate complete protection against the virus and its keylogger.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.