One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer program that records every keystroke made by a computer user, especially in order to gain fraudulent access to passwords and other confidential information.
- ‘Hackers allegedly captured the code by using key loggers that they installed on company computers.’
- ‘The keylogger allows the hackers to monitor any activity on the infected machine - in effect to control the computer.’
- ‘And we don't mean the risk of doing bad investments; we mean losing access to your trading account because your computer got infected by a keylogger.’
- ‘If you own the computer you can put whatever keylogger you want on it.’
- ‘Key loggers can be on your system recording every keystroke and emailing it to an attacker, enemy or even your spouse.’
- ‘This Yahoo article is claiming that phishers are increasingly employing key loggers to gather data which they later use for identity theft (fraud).’
- ‘Users of dedicated systems, such as personal laptops, generally present a lower risk, though an infection of spyware could still install a key logger.’
- ‘What if you opened a malicious email attachment that installs a nasty virus, worm or keylogger that steals your personal information?’
- ‘Come back a month or two later, get the logs, and wipe out the keylogger.’
- ‘Er… what are you installing a keylogger on?’
- ‘In some cases, the spyware may include key loggers that could lead to intellectual property theft and corporate espionage.’
- ‘It does this via a keylogger which specifically collects user logins for online banks (the ones which do not use one-time passwords).’
- ‘Then the keylogger comes to life to do what it was created for - to steal information.’
- ‘It can install a keylogger to get your passwords.’
- ‘Sophos has updated its product to incorporate complete protection against the virus and its keylogger.’
- ‘The keylogger contained in the email installs itself automatically and then collects details of logins and passwords from the unsuspecting user.’
- ‘Called the Italian Job, because most of the pages were hosted in Italy, the trojan downloaded a keylogger designed to steal banking data.’
- ‘However, with the rise of phishing, key loggers and associated risks, I now see the true value of my little device!’
- ‘This keylogger can be completely hidden from anyone finding it on the system anywhere.’
- ‘One of the files contained inside the Zip archive file is a keylogger which can send messages to an Indonesian email address.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.