One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A saw with a long, narrow blade for cutting small holes such as keyholes.
- ‘Now use the keyhole saw normally and cut down through the board.’
- ‘Outline the opening in pencil and cut it out with a keyhole saw or circle cutter.’
- ‘Other saws on exhibit include the coping, compass and keyhole saws, which are used for detail work.’
- ‘Cut fixture and border tiles to size, using keyhole saws, and insert them into surrounding frameworks.’
- ‘He sawed the blanks from a redwood railroad tie, shaped the bodies with a spoke shave, and cut the pine heads with a keyhole saw and a brace-and-bit.’
- ‘To make a drywall bandage, use a keyhole saw to make the hole into a square or a rectangle.’
- ‘Use the utility knife to make long cuts and a keyhole saw for the cross cuts.’
- ‘If you don't have one of those in your toolbox then stop in at your favourite hardware store and pick up a hack saw blade or a stiff scroll saw blade or even a keyhole saw to make carving that pumpkin a safe job for even a small child.’
- ‘The keyhole saw will minimize the vibration between the span of the rafters and will be less likely to cause the drywall to break or crack.’
- ‘Use your utility knife or keyhole saw to cut out the hole for your new box.’
- ‘For cutting electrical outlet holes and other small rough sawing, where a powered saber saw will not fit, a self starting keyhole saw is very handy and comfortable to use.’
- ‘Use a keyhole saw and utility knife to cut out the damaged portion and clean out broken pieces around the edges of the hole.’
- ‘The keyhole saw allows for the formation of curved cuts during the procedure to install drywall.’
- ‘If a saber saw is not available to you, a hand saw will work just as well for the straight edged sawing and a keyhole saw will work for the curved edges.’
- ‘So when you need to cut a hole in your wall, the keyhole saw can really get the job done.’
- ‘If you can't find the keyhole saws when you go to the hardware store, ask the clerk where to find ‘wall board’ saws, and the tiny keyhole saws will be there, too.’
- ‘Use the keyhole saw and cut any remaining portions of the wall out so that the patch will fit into the hole.’
- ‘Then he continues to refine the sculpture using smaller keyhole saws, gouges and microplanes.’
- ‘Cut the shorter length with a wallboard saw or keyhole saw.’
- ‘If you have a pole saw of the socket type, it can be detached from the pole and serve as a substitute for the saws which look like the small compass or keyhole saws used by carpenters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.