One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is entrusted with keeping a key to commercial or industrial premises.
- ‘It seemed unbelievable rudeness for the keyholder to have forgotten the appointment to let this young chap in.’
- ‘I was the keyholder and I was called out at 2.50 am.’
- ‘Did the issuer verify that the keyholder controlled the associated private key?’
- ‘He said keyholders of some properties had ordered the people occupying the properties to ring them first in the event of a fire.’
- ‘We called a keyholder and managed to reach the boy inside.’
- ‘Residents are advised to fit a cut-out and re-set device to the alarm, tell their neighbours when they go on holiday, and give the council and police contact details of keyholders (which is a free service).’
- ‘The crew was met by the factory's keyholder who told the firefighters that no staff were in the factory and outlined the nature of the spilled chemicals.’
- ‘The keyholder may not be aware that his key was misused.’
- ‘They called the fire crews at around 2.15 am but they were unable to get into the building until a keyholder arrived.’
- ‘The officials, both keyholders, were ordered to go into work the following day as usual.’
- ‘However, a keyholder was found, pest control were called in and the building has been temporarily sealed off.’
- ‘The school broke up for Easter on Friday, but keyholders were immediately called to the scene.’
- ‘Unless your alarm activates, the emergency services may not immediately know who your keyholders are.’
- ‘Essex Police hold details of keyholders for premises in Essex so that a responsible person may be contacted if the property becomes vulnerable or an alarm causes a nuisance through mis-activation.’
- ‘They had to wait some time before the keyholder turned up.’
- ‘Humberside Police also operates a scheme in which residents pay a pound a month to register details of their premises and emergency telephone numbers of keyholders.’
- ‘The council also keeps a confidential register of names and contact details of keyholders for intruder alarms.’
- ‘The information will be available to police control rooms and council environmental health officers and enable keyholders to be contacted more quickly.’
- ‘Having volunteered as a keyholder you need to know the whereabouts of the owner should they need to be contacted.’
- ‘The network will include an alarm receiving centre which will be notified of any activated burglar alarms on the system so that it can notify police or keyholders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.