One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is entrusted with keeping a key to commercial or industrial premises.
- ‘The crew was met by the factory's keyholder who told the firefighters that no staff were in the factory and outlined the nature of the spilled chemicals.’
- ‘They had to wait some time before the keyholder turned up.’
- ‘Did the issuer verify that the keyholder controlled the associated private key?’
- ‘Unless your alarm activates, the emergency services may not immediately know who your keyholders are.’
- ‘I was the keyholder and I was called out at 2.50 am.’
- ‘Humberside Police also operates a scheme in which residents pay a pound a month to register details of their premises and emergency telephone numbers of keyholders.’
- ‘We called a keyholder and managed to reach the boy inside.’
- ‘Essex Police hold details of keyholders for premises in Essex so that a responsible person may be contacted if the property becomes vulnerable or an alarm causes a nuisance through mis-activation.’
- ‘It seemed unbelievable rudeness for the keyholder to have forgotten the appointment to let this young chap in.’
- ‘The council also keeps a confidential register of names and contact details of keyholders for intruder alarms.’
- ‘Residents are advised to fit a cut-out and re-set device to the alarm, tell their neighbours when they go on holiday, and give the council and police contact details of keyholders (which is a free service).’
- ‘The officials, both keyholders, were ordered to go into work the following day as usual.’
- ‘The information will be available to police control rooms and council environmental health officers and enable keyholders to be contacted more quickly.’
- ‘The network will include an alarm receiving centre which will be notified of any activated burglar alarms on the system so that it can notify police or keyholders.’
- ‘They called the fire crews at around 2.15 am but they were unable to get into the building until a keyholder arrived.’
- ‘The school broke up for Easter on Friday, but keyholders were immediately called to the scene.’
- ‘The keyholder may not be aware that his key was misused.’
- ‘Having volunteered as a keyholder you need to know the whereabouts of the owner should they need to be contacted.’
- ‘He said keyholders of some properties had ordered the people occupying the properties to ring them first in the event of a fire.’
- ‘However, a keyholder was found, pest control were called in and the building has been temporarily sealed off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.