One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An employee who provides a vital service, especially in the police, health, or education sectors.
- ‘The Government last night faced calls to extend help for key workers to the rest of the country to prevent the problem spreading.’
- ‘Care in hospital, care at home, respite care, and education all need to be coordinated, and community paediatric nurses often do this as key workers.’
- ‘Pressure to move key workers quickly on to new developments means homes are not being adequately finished off.’
- ‘Key workers could be asked to report to duty for prolonged and unpredictable periods.’
- ‘There is a lack of clarity in the role of the keyworker which is fundamental to the continuing development of each resident.’
- ‘The government is keen to trumpet its array of complex housing schemes to help key workers.’
- ‘Kingston is the 17th most expensive place in the country for key workers to buy a home, according to a study out last week.’
- ‘The loss of a firefighter and assistant teacher from the borough will be seen by some as evidence that lowly-paid key workers are being forced out of the borough.’
- ‘We have got to make sure that the Government supports its key workers.’
- ‘Power failures were reported in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga, although Eskom and the unions have a Minimum Service Agreement that excludes key workers from taking strike action.’
- ‘Government plans to subsidise housing for key workers in London are failing.’
- ‘The council has attempted to make cheaper accommodation available for key workers to improve recruitment and retention, but it could probably do more.’
- ‘The government also intends to sell off surplus publicly owned land to build low-cost starter homes, particularly for key workers such as nurses and teachers.’
- ‘The five-year scheme to build homes on land given up by the national park would accommodate key workers identified by Craven District Council.’
- ‘More than 50 flats will be set aside for key workers.’
- ‘Edinburgh must avoid becoming another southeast of England where house price inflation has priced key workers out of the housing market.’
- ‘Key workers moving into the area into public service jobs, such as teaching, would not be penalised by the scheme.’
- ‘Today the Government revealed its plans to vaccinate key workers against smallpox - and the population as a whole in the event of an attack.’
- ‘In the last eight years more than 100 key workers have had housing help from the council.’
- ‘Four versions of the questionnaire were written, comprising one each for physicians, pharmacists, community key workers, and patients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.