One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An employee who provides a vital service, especially in the police, health, or education sectors.
- ‘Government plans to subsidise housing for key workers in London are failing.’
- ‘Pressure to move key workers quickly on to new developments means homes are not being adequately finished off.’
- ‘The council has attempted to make cheaper accommodation available for key workers to improve recruitment and retention, but it could probably do more.’
- ‘In the last eight years more than 100 key workers have had housing help from the council.’
- ‘More than 50 flats will be set aside for key workers.’
- ‘Edinburgh must avoid becoming another southeast of England where house price inflation has priced key workers out of the housing market.’
- ‘Key workers moving into the area into public service jobs, such as teaching, would not be penalised by the scheme.’
- ‘The five-year scheme to build homes on land given up by the national park would accommodate key workers identified by Craven District Council.’
- ‘The government also intends to sell off surplus publicly owned land to build low-cost starter homes, particularly for key workers such as nurses and teachers.’
- ‘Kingston is the 17th most expensive place in the country for key workers to buy a home, according to a study out last week.’
- ‘The loss of a firefighter and assistant teacher from the borough will be seen by some as evidence that lowly-paid key workers are being forced out of the borough.’
- ‘Care in hospital, care at home, respite care, and education all need to be coordinated, and community paediatric nurses often do this as key workers.’
- ‘The Government last night faced calls to extend help for key workers to the rest of the country to prevent the problem spreading.’
- ‘The government is keen to trumpet its array of complex housing schemes to help key workers.’
- ‘There is a lack of clarity in the role of the keyworker which is fundamental to the continuing development of each resident.’
- ‘We have got to make sure that the Government supports its key workers.’
- ‘Today the Government revealed its plans to vaccinate key workers against smallpox - and the population as a whole in the event of an attack.’
- ‘Four versions of the questionnaire were written, comprising one each for physicians, pharmacists, community key workers, and patients.’
- ‘Key workers could be asked to report to duty for prolonged and unpredictable periods.’
- ‘Power failures were reported in Gauteng, KwaZulu-Natal and Mpumalanga, although Eskom and the unions have a Minimum Service Agreement that excludes key workers from taking strike action.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.