One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metal ring, typically with a tab or decorative object attached, on to which keys may be threaded in order to keep them together.
- ‘Gone forever are the enormous key rings with the bunches of clanging keys carried by the prison officers.’
- ‘Guns designed to look like mobile phones or even key rings may be filtering into Britain, it emerged yesterday.’
- ‘There were other doors here, stretching down the long hallway, but there were more keys on the key ring than there were doors.’
- ‘The iconography of the building is commercialized through souvenir fridge-magnets and key rings, which are sold in the gift shop, along with a range of products from the north-east and surrounds.’
- ‘This company produced key rings for local businesses which displayed their names, addresses and contact numbers.’
- ‘The devices will come with a hook to attach a key ring.’
- ‘You may never lose your keys again - not when they're hanging on these bright, bold and beautiful key rings.’
- ‘This simple yet stylish key ring is the prefect gift for him or her.’
- ‘Memorabilia such as mugs, t-shirts, pens, pencils, mouse pads and key rings are also up for grabs.’
- ‘Car stickers, carrier bags, lapel badges and key rings bearing the slogan will also be made available.’
- ‘Kai leaned forward and, with the most practiced patience I had ever seen anyone exhibit, undid each metal-bolted lock with the tiny keys attached the key ring on his belt.’
- ‘Taking another key from her key ring, she unlocked the door and walked into the small lounge.’
- ‘My keys, the ones to my apartment, the ones I had given her only two weeks after meeting her, were on a separate key ring which was looped through Teresa's larger ring.’
- ‘These unique steering wheel key rings are made from stainless steel and can be personalized with your name or initials.’
- ‘The only way to lock the bolt was with the key she had on her key ring.’
- ‘Fran then found two keys on a round key ring in the lounge room.’
- ‘Both key rings were made of a perspex type of material with small seashells and featured the word Thailand.’
- ‘The girls sit for hours lacing and making key rings and bracelets.’
- ‘Originally their business was set up supplying promotional material for other companies, such as hats, pens, lighters, mouse pads and key rings.’
- ‘On his key ring he had three keys and one metal football key-chain with his number, 88 inscribed on the back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.