One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metal ring, typically with a tab or decorative object attached, on to which keys may be threaded in order to keep them together.
- ‘Memorabilia such as mugs, t-shirts, pens, pencils, mouse pads and key rings are also up for grabs.’
- ‘Gone forever are the enormous key rings with the bunches of clanging keys carried by the prison officers.’
- ‘Kai leaned forward and, with the most practiced patience I had ever seen anyone exhibit, undid each metal-bolted lock with the tiny keys attached the key ring on his belt.’
- ‘On his key ring he had three keys and one metal football key-chain with his number, 88 inscribed on the back.’
- ‘Fran then found two keys on a round key ring in the lounge room.’
- ‘This company produced key rings for local businesses which displayed their names, addresses and contact numbers.’
- ‘Both key rings were made of a perspex type of material with small seashells and featured the word Thailand.’
- ‘Car stickers, carrier bags, lapel badges and key rings bearing the slogan will also be made available.’
- ‘My keys, the ones to my apartment, the ones I had given her only two weeks after meeting her, were on a separate key ring which was looped through Teresa's larger ring.’
- ‘Taking another key from her key ring, she unlocked the door and walked into the small lounge.’
- ‘There were other doors here, stretching down the long hallway, but there were more keys on the key ring than there were doors.’
- ‘Originally their business was set up supplying promotional material for other companies, such as hats, pens, lighters, mouse pads and key rings.’
- ‘Guns designed to look like mobile phones or even key rings may be filtering into Britain, it emerged yesterday.’
- ‘The devices will come with a hook to attach a key ring.’
- ‘The girls sit for hours lacing and making key rings and bracelets.’
- ‘These unique steering wheel key rings are made from stainless steel and can be personalized with your name or initials.’
- ‘You may never lose your keys again - not when they're hanging on these bright, bold and beautiful key rings.’
- ‘This simple yet stylish key ring is the prefect gift for him or her.’
- ‘The iconography of the building is commercialized through souvenir fridge-magnets and key rings, which are sold in the gift shop, along with a range of products from the north-east and surrounds.’
- ‘The only way to lock the bolt was with the key she had on her key ring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.