Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘the citywide computer network where the kewl people hang out’informal spelling of cool
- ‘Wouldn't that be kewl?’
- ‘They are just too kewl.’
- ‘It's like totally funny to watch them all get together and like act like they're sooo kewl—NOT!’
- ‘Do we have an intention aside from telling a kewl story to ourselves?’
- ‘I thought it would be kewl to show everyone how to do it the easy way.’
- ‘Dunno exactly when though, but watch for it, he's a kewl guy.’
- ‘Looks pretty damn kewl to me!’
- ‘The rest of the panel knew better than to pursue that line of questioning with the King of the Kewl Kids.’
- ‘I think everyone should watch this movie because it's totally kewl and WAY better than that stupid book.’
- ‘I downloaded this KEWL background for my desktop!’
- ‘Stan is the kewl guy on the show.’
- ‘Haha, I just thought that was kewl.’
- ‘He's too kewl.’
- ‘I even added a kewl song ’
- ‘My boyfriend likes to take credit for this moment whenever he thinks I'm getting too "kewl" for my own good.’
- ‘In fact, you were a pioneer of many Web movements and trends, including using "kewl" in 1998.’
- ‘They just think it "sounds kewl".’
- ‘A mate has just emailed a kewl link to a fabby site full of those classic computer games from the 1980s.’
- ‘It's kewl that Katie totally noticed that too.’
- ‘Geeks were cool, jargon was kewl.’
1990s: representing an affected or exaggerated pronunciation of cool.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.