One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The excretion of abnormally large amounts of ketone bodies in the urine, characteristic of diabetes mellitus, starvation, or other medical conditions.
- ‘She had normal thyroid function, ketonuria, and mild diffuse ST-T wave changes.’
- ‘This is generally indicated if the patient is clearly unwell, if she has ketonuria, or if her blood glucose concentration is > 20 mmol/l.’
- ‘Glucose toxicity, which is exhibited as a fasting plasma glucose level greater than 250 mg per dL, and ketonuria, weight loss, or symptomatic hyperglycemia, can be addressed promptly with insulin therapy.’
- ‘Despite giving himself an increased dose he soon developed hyperglycaemia and ketonuria.’
- ‘Baseline assessments of height, weight, blood pressure, urinary specific gravity, and ketonuria were obtained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.