One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A diet that tends to promote the metabolic formation of ketone bodies by causing the body to use fat (rather than carbohydrate) as its principal energy source.‘snacks require a bit of planning when you're following a ketogenic diet, but there are plenty of tasty low-carb options available’
- ‘In children in whom other options have not been entirely successful at eliminating seizures, a ketogenic diet should be given some consideration.’
- ‘At the moment she's on a special ketogenic diet for her epilepsy.’
- ‘Scientists used mice engineered to suffer from Alzheimer's to test the effects of a high-fat, low-carb diet - called a "ketogenic diet".’
- ‘The diets are ketogenic and most dieters are in negative fluid balance while they are on them.’
- ‘The ketogenic diet, in which 90% of the energy comes from fat, can help in controlling intractable epileptic seizures in children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.