One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or causing ketogenesis.‘if you are supplying less than 100 grams of glucose, you will be putting your body into a ketogenic state’
- ‘The main pathway for tyrosine degradation involves conversion to fumarate and acetoacetate, allowing phenylalanine and tyrosine to be classified as both glucogenic and ketogenic.’
- ‘Fourteen of the 20 amino acids are glucogenic; two are ketogenic; and four are partly glucogenic and partly ketogenic.’
- ‘The products of this reaction are both ketogenic (acetyl-CoA) and glucogenic (pyruvate).’
- ‘Leucine and lysine are ketogenic amino acids.’
- ‘However, while both the Atkins and South Beach low-carb diets warn people not to stay in the extremely low-carbohydrate ketogenic "induction" phase for more than two weeks, many people, like your friend, choose to do so for months.’
Early 20th century: from ketone + -genic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.