One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small refrigerator powered by the burning of kerosene.‘I couldn't get the kerosene fridge to work properly’
- ‘The very fortunate, who had been able to save money before they arrived, bought a kerosene fridge.’
- ‘The kerosene fridge had to be filled each week and the wick cleaned.’
- ‘He would marvel at how a little fire in the bottom of a kerosene fridge could cause things above it to cool.’
- ‘Because we had a kerosene fridge, Mum would also make ice-cream.’
- ‘Soon, a kerosene fridge stood in their kitchen, taking the place of the old ice chest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.