Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Surgery carried out on the cornea, especially corneal transplantation.
- ‘After a noble gesture by a donor he is now back for keratoplasty in the other eye.’
- ‘For advanced keratoconus when vision is severely affected by scarring, penetrating keratoplasty or full thickness cornea transplant is the most common surgery performed.’
- ‘Ophthalmology has special problems in this regard as corneal penetrating keratoplasty has become one of the most widely performed transplantations.’
- ‘Conductive keratoplasty uses radio waves to shrink the collagen, a fibrous protein, in the eye - and there's no cutting.’
- ‘Conductive keratoplasty is reported to be less invasive than laser surgery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.