Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Surgery carried out on the cornea, especially corneal transplantation.
- ‘For advanced keratoconus when vision is severely affected by scarring, penetrating keratoplasty or full thickness cornea transplant is the most common surgery performed.’
- ‘Conductive keratoplasty is reported to be less invasive than laser surgery.’
- ‘Conductive keratoplasty uses radio waves to shrink the collagen, a fibrous protein, in the eye - and there's no cutting.’
- ‘After a noble gesture by a donor he is now back for keratoplasty in the other eye.’
- ‘Ophthalmology has special problems in this regard as corneal penetrating keratoplasty has become one of the most widely performed transplantations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.