Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the cornea of the eye.
- ‘Conjunctivitis may be severe and can lead to keratitis and ulceration.’
- ‘Corneal problems such as keratitis, ulceration, and arc damage are intensely painful, often requiring local anesthetic before the eye can be examined.’
- ‘Patients with inflammatory eye diseases are at risk for ocular vaccinial diseases, including blepharitis, iritis, and keratitis.’
- ‘Ocular disease occurs in 70% of patients, leading to lid retraction, ptosis, keratitis, sclcritis, uveitis, glaucoma, palsy, neuritis, and blindness.’
- ‘Conjunctivitis, keratitis, or chorioretinitis can result in vision loss and blindness.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.