Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Containing or made from keratin.
- ‘A punch biopsy of an alopecic patch on his scalp showed pigment casts with keratinous debris in the follicles, distortion of the hair shafts, and an increased number of catagen hairs.’
- ‘The wing spurs are keratinous structures that grow anteriorly from the carpal-metacarpal joints.’
- ‘In both skin and hair care products, the liberated carbon dioxide also functions to facilitate the delivery of active or functional substances to keratinous substrates, such as skin and hair.’
- ‘Strictly, the exoskeleton is restricted to keratinous elements such as horns, nails, claws, hairs, feathers, etc.’
- ‘In addition to the tubules, the epithelial cells may also form nests, cords, single cells, micropapillae, and keratinous cysts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.