Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An epidermal cell which produces keratin.
- ‘The product is a combination of keratinocytes, fibroblasts, and fibrin.’
- ‘The end products of this type of proliferative system, such as mature red blood cells and keratinocytes, are themselves incapable of division and die.’
- ‘Current treatment for psoriasis focuses on reducing inflammation and slowing down the rapid growth and shedding of skin cells called keratinocytes.’
- ‘Healing is expected within two weeks by regeneration of epidermis from keratinocytes within sweat glands and hair follicles.’
- ‘The overlying epidermal layer consists of living human keratinocytes organized in a fully differentiated, stratified epidermis with an outer stratum corneum.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.