One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the German astronomer Johannes Kepler or his works.‘the accuracy of Keplerian orbital data’
- ‘In the modern Tychonian system, Keplerian and Newtonian principles are maintained, as in the heliocentric theory.’
- ‘The Ptolemaic theory was well and truly gone, and the Keplerian version of heliocentrism was well and truly established.’
- ‘Keplerian beam expanders produce a real focus between the input and output lenses.’
- ‘Having a Keplerian system makes the problem more tractable, and less prone to model-dependent uncertainties.’
- ‘The motion of an object falling through a bottomless pit is harmonic, not Keplerian.’
- ‘This consisted of two convex lenses, in the form of telescope known as Keplerian.’
- ‘Satellites normally orbit planets in Keplerian orbits, named after Johannes Kepler, who wrote the mathematical equations that describe how satellites move.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.