One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the German astronomer Johannes Kepler or his works.‘the accuracy of Keplerian orbital data’
- ‘This consisted of two convex lenses, in the form of telescope known as Keplerian.’
- ‘Satellites normally orbit planets in Keplerian orbits, named after Johannes Kepler, who wrote the mathematical equations that describe how satellites move.’
- ‘Keplerian beam expanders produce a real focus between the input and output lenses.’
- ‘The motion of an object falling through a bottomless pit is harmonic, not Keplerian.’
- ‘In the modern Tychonian system, Keplerian and Newtonian principles are maintained, as in the heliocentric theory.’
- ‘The Ptolemaic theory was well and truly gone, and the Keplerian version of heliocentrism was well and truly established.’
- ‘Having a Keplerian system makes the problem more tractable, and less prone to model-dependent uncertainties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.