One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Three theorems describing orbital motion. The first law states that planets move in elliptical orbits with the sun at one focus. The second states that the radius vector of a planet sweeps out equal areas in equal times. The third law relates the distances of the planets from the sun to their orbital periods.
- ‘He therefore accepted Kepler's theory of elliptical orbits for the planets and tested Kepler's laws by direct observation.’
- ‘The second of Kepler's laws suffered an even worse fate in being essentially ignored by scientists for around 80 years.’
- ‘Dembski's anti-extrapolationism seems a lot like saying that, while Kepler's laws might hold on any given day, they don't hold over whole years.’
- ‘In his view, just as Newton had explained Kepler's laws with his new mechanics, so he, Dalton, had explained the laws of proportion with his atomism.’
- ‘I had just finished my essay about Kepler's laws when the phone rang.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.