One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Kentucky or its inhabitants.‘a Kentuckian airline pilot’
- ‘Their dining room is the home for traditional Kentuckian food.’
- ‘Andrew is a Kentuckian musician with a passion for experimentation.’
- ‘Having released his fourth studio album in September, the Kentuckian virtuoso continues to redefine the role of the cello in contemporary music.’
- ‘For all his arrogant protestations and provocations, he was an old-style Kentuckian boy.’
- ‘He speaks with the drawl of southern Indiana — an accent which is more Kentuckian than Middle-Western.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Kentucky.‘a Kentuckian who grew up going to the Derby’
- ‘Kentucky is famous for its bourbon whiskey, but even most Kentuckians don't know that bourbon is the invention of a Baptist minister.’
- ‘A native Kentuckian, she was well known for her philanthropic endeavors.’
- ‘We're offering proud western Kentuckians three alternatives to get involved.’
- ‘November 2 brought reports of a record turnout at the polls, almost 1.8 million Kentuckians.’
- ‘Anne was born in 1924, a seventh generation Kentuckian; her great-great - great-great-great-grandmother had arrived with Daniel Boone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.