One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the English county of Kent.‘the Kentish coast’
- ‘Royal Tunbridge Wells is one of the most popular towns of United Kingdom situated in the Kentish County of England.’
- ‘With sweeping views of the English Channel and a 700-berth marina, the Kentish port of Ramsgate proudly sells itself as one of the south coast's hidden gems.’
- ‘A comprehensive tour costs £12.75 per person, and includes a tutored tasting of Kentish ales and speciality lagers.’
- ‘The route of the first stage is from London to Canterbury, and the Tour's organisers are sure to draw our attention to hop fields and Kentish oast houses.’
- ‘It tells the story of young Pip, who encounters an escaped criminal in a memorably spooky graveyard on the Kentish marshes.’
- ‘They are young women with contrasting backgrounds: the Kentish grammar-school girl who grew up on a farm; and the girl from a new town in Scotland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.