Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a number of fish that live among kelp or other marine algae, in particular.
- ‘Little blennies popped in and out of holes, and eastern kelpfish and stinky groupers were much in evidence.’
- ‘Kelpfish use their colour and acting skills to blend in with the leaves of kelp.’
- ‘Most are small fish, measuring as little as 5 cm, but Heterostichus rostratus, or giant kelpfish, can reach 60 cm.’
- ‘There are four other species of Kelpfish in our seas belonging to the genus Gibbonsia.’
- ‘Individual kelpfish can even change colors to match changes in the colors around them.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.