One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Aboriginal cultural centre dedicated to the preservation of traditional Aboriginal culture, artefacts, etc.‘the site also features an art gallery and an indigenous keeping place’
- ‘The development also features an Indigenous keeping place and resource centre.’
- ‘The aim is for Anangu people to compile the material themselves, without outside help, and store it in a digital "keeping place" of their own design.’
- ‘Safely stored away in a keeping place, the good self-object is well guarded against destructive impulses.’
- ‘The sacred object will be brought forth from a keeping place and related to the novice during initiation rituals.’
- ‘Architectural interpretations of Aboriginal identity in the design of keeping places and other buildings play an important role in informing how Aboriginality is perceived.’
- ‘The situation is complicated by erosion at the lake and the need to construct a special "keeping place" for the bones.’
- ‘For many years, that return anticipated the establishment of a special Keeping Place—a dignified and secure repository for all skeletal remains removed from the world heritage area.’
- ‘The current keeping place at the national park is being upgraded to improve its cultural appropriateness.’
- ‘They hope to build a "keeping place" to safeguard the footprints of their ancestral families.’
- ‘They have teamed up with scientists to preserve their art and ancestry in digital format; it's very much a keeping place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.