One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make an effort to live normally in spite of difficulty.‘she had to keep going for the sake of her boys’
- ‘Even when the equipment started melting, and they got burns to their arms, they kept going.’
- ‘It definitely gives us the confident start we need to keep going and continue to be healthy.’
- ‘Through rich and more barren times, he has kept going, backing up his albums with frequent touring.’
- ‘She suffered quite badly with heart problems recently but she kept going.’
- ‘Through all of this he kept going and now the new school is ready to open.’
- ‘He kept going through decidedly lean periods by remaining true to himself as a player and a person.’
- ‘With much determination in our eyes and sweat on our brows, we kept going.’
- ‘We could have kept going, but we would have just got worse and worse as time went on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.