One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Act as a goalkeeper.
- ‘Project manager for the event, Nick Lodge, put his football skills to the test by keeping goal in a penalty shoot-out.’
- ‘If your job is to keep goal for a high-profile team you have to be prepared to take the criticism.’
- ‘The former pupil of St Christopher's High School, Accrington, has won scholarships to play in America and now keeps goal for Everton FC.’
- ‘By this Christmas he will have been five years keeping goal with Rangers, a span that will equal that of Chris Woods.’
- ‘As a young keeper with Preston he was earmarked as one of the brightest prospects outside the Premiership with one national magazine going as far as predicting that he would be keeping goal for England at the 2008 World Cup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.