One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Keep under careful observation.‘dealers are keeping an eye on the currency markets’
- ‘These observers keep an eye on all the activities and make sure that people stay safe.’
- ‘With it you can set up a camera, keep an eye on whatever needs watching and capture images at will.’
- ‘Observers said investors should keep an eye on the operating profit excluding the charge.’
- ‘Our Highways Department keeps an eye on the bridge and checks it every week, using jetting equipment to keep it clear.’
- ‘They are much easier to observe, infiltrate & generally keep an eye on when they are in the open.’
- ‘I always wear a heart-rate monitor and I keep an eye on my heart rate all the time.’
- ‘As part of a recent study, pupils are keeping an eye on a freshly picked daffodil which has begun to turn blue.’
- ‘The doctors keep an eye on the size of the tumour and for now it's okay.’
- ‘Many members enjoy working out and then relaxing in the hydrotherapy area, but now we will have no choice but to keep an eye on our watches.’
- ‘Observers of politics also kept an eye on individuals who might emerge as candidates to be Prime Minister.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.