One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Register the score of a game as it is made.
- ‘Take turns to challenge each other to games, and keep score.’
- ‘Each parent is involved in the sport - her mother is a competitor's steward and her father referees and keeps score at events.’
- ‘Money is how we keep score, and the game lasts your whole life.’
- ‘Counselors remember that we did not keep score during our staff game of ultimate Frisbee.’
- ‘Managing a game is not simply blowing the whistle when an infringement occurs and keeping the score and time.’
- ‘Those people can feel the fine balance between linear and interactive, between rules and freedom, between keeping score and not keeping score.’
- ‘I tend to win more than my fair share of games and so there will sometimes be jokes that I'm only keeping score as a form of self-aggrandizement.’
- ‘The variety of techniques used for keeping score in games is extremely diverse.’
- ‘From time to time I have read critical comments about the means of keeping score provided in some board games.’
- ‘The game isn't over when you suit up and trot out onto the field; you gotta play the game and keep score, too.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.